Land-use rights granted to foreigners
10:00 | 02/05/2013
VGP - Eligible overseas Vietnamese and foreigners will be granted certificates of land-use rights and house ownership in Ha Noi as of May 4. 

Illustration photo

The Ha Noi People's Committee has passed the decision for foreigners to buy and own property for no more than 50 years.

Within 12 months of the ownership certificate expiring, foreign home-owners must sell or donate their property.

Under the decision, a foreigner is permitted to own one property only if they meet a number of requirements  such as living and working in Viet Nam.

He or she shall have to submit documents including a passport or equivalent kind of document, issued by a competent authority in the home country; documents proving marriage, issued by a Vietnamese or foreign competent authority; Vietnamese passport (or the family record book) and personal identity card of the applicant's spouse.

In addition, he or she is asked to have a residence card or temporary residence card to prove that he or she is permitted to stay in Viet Nam for more than 12 months, which is granted by the Immigrant Management Department under the Ministry of Public Security./.

By Khanh Phuong


  Reader opinion
Turn off Vietnamese typing Automatic typing Telex VNI VIQR  
Fullname Email address