SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIỆT NAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hà Nội, January 7, 2012
The Government’s regular meeting- December, 2011
The Government on January 4, 2012 convened its regular meeting for December, 2011 to discuss and decide the following issues:
1. The reports: Review the direction, management and implementation of the working Regulation in 2011 and program for 2012 by the Government; administrative reform in 2011 and key duties for 2012; administrative reform in the Ministries, sectors and localities in 2011; inspection and dealing with the complaints, denunciations, anti-corruption in 2011 and working program for 2012; Việt Nam’s implementation of international commitments in 2011; preparation and submission of law and ordinance drafts in fourth quarter of 2011; execution of law and ordinance drafts presented by the Minister, Head of Government Office, Minister of Home Affairs, Government’s General Inspector, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Justice in the first quarter of 2012.
In 2011, the direction and management by the Government and Prime Minister has been facilitated as this is the first year to realize the Resolution of the 11th National Congress of the Communist Party of Việt Nam. In addition, the new-term Government has continuously inherited experiences and achievements from the last term and achievements of 25 years of reform… However, complicated global situation, financial crisis and economic depression, public debt crises, price hikes, political change in some countries and regions have negatively impacted Việt Nam's socio-economy; weakness of economy, inflation, natural disasters and serious flood in many places, acts of sabotage, violation of national security and sovereignty are also significant challenges.
The Government unanimously agreed that in respect of direction and management, the Government has always strictly implemented the Party’s guidelines and Resolutions, closely followed the real situation, analyzed, forecasted and assessed all matters correctly; take of favorable advantages, understand difficulties and challenges to propose suitable and timely measures; consistently implement the idea of attaching stability to development, particularly respect and keep political- social stability, be determined to protect the national sovereignty; at the same time, give priority to social security and welfares, implement social equality and progress; guide and manage comprehensively and synchronously, while focus on key tasks; handle pressing and urgent matters as well as gradually solve basic and long-term matters. The Government has complied with Constitution, law and strictly performed working Regulations; always be united, agreed with and performed correctly principle of democracy, improvement of community role while heightening individual responsibilities; be responsible to the Party, National Assembly and people; comply strictly with Resolutions and Conclusions of the Central Executive Committee, Politburo and the National Assembly; closely cooperate with agencies of the Party, National Assembly, Vietnamese Fatherland Front and mass organizations regarding the implementation of proposed targets and duties. By effort of the whole political system, community of the enterprise and all people, by now, we have achieved important outcomes such as stabilizing macro-economy; speed of price hikes has gradually decreased from quarter II; interest rate of credit has tended to decrease; exports increased 33,3%; excess of import has been equivalent to 9.9% of the total export turnover; State budget collection has exceeded 13.4% in comparison with the cost estimate; over spending occupied 4.9% of GDP; economic growth has been remained highly, 5.89%; social security and welfares have been ensured, urgent social issues have been gradually solved; national defense and security have been strengthened; political- social situation has been stable, the national sovereignty has been maintained; foreign affairs have attained many achievements which increased Việt Nam’s position in the international arena; administrative reform, inspection and solution of complaints, denunciations, anti-corruption, practice of saving and anti-wastefulness has been changed; progress has been made in institutional establishment. Such achievements have created favorable and principal premises as well as belief in the implementation of the socio-economic development tasks in 2012.
However, macro-economy has not been stabilized yet; inflation has still been in high level; it is required urgently to reform model of growth, overcome obstacles in the country’s development; many pressing social matters such as employment, social evil, accidents and traffic jam have not been solved effectively; people’s living standards in many regions have still been low. Such outstanding matters have been resulted from partially the work of guidance and management: The implementation of functions by the State competent authorities has not satisfied requirements; institution, mechanism and policies of management and development have been insufficient and ineffective; establishment and execution of strategies and planning have still been ineffective; due attention has not been given to the inspection, checking and supervision. The State management on State-owned enterprises, investment, land and mineral resources has still been inadequate. The cooperation by and between some Ministries and sectors has still not been closed enough. Analysis, forecast and information of guidance and management have still been insufficient.
In 2012, as forecasted, the world and Việt Nam shall face with many difficulties and challenges. The Government required Governmental members, Ministries, agencies and localities to focus on early overcoming difficulties and outstanding matters; take the initiative to follow up situation and heighten responsibilities; understanding thoroughly Resolutions of the Party and Government; strictly comply with the Government’s guidance and management; well perform the State-management functions and tasks on industries, sectors and localities; first of all, focus on the key tasks as follows:
- In January 2012, quickly issue and execute Action Program of Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 3, 2012 by the Government on key measures to guide and manage the implementation of socio-economic development Plan and cost estimate of the State Budget in 2012.
- Guide and manage mainly and drastically the implementation of preferred targets such as control of inflation, stabilization of macro-economics, keep suitable growth attached to reform of growth model and economic re-structure, solution of three strategic sudden steps in combination with solution of front and long-term targets and tasks.
- Focus on establishment and completion of institutions, mechanisms and policies; increase quality of the establishment and performance of working programs; speed up composition and presentation of drafts of laws, ordinances and documents detailing laws and ordinances which are effective; quickly prepare and complete projects and works in programs of Politburo and Central Executive Board, then report them to the Prime Minister and the Government; pay attention to the summarization on the execution of Institution 1992 in order to propose, amend, and supplement in accordance with new situation.
- Increase capacity of analysis and forecast; take the initiative to follow up and grasp thoroughly changes of the domestic and international economy to orient policies and propose flexible, timely and suitable management measures; heighten the inspection, consultancy and opponent role of specialized organizations, experts, and petition and proposals regarding mechanisms, policies and measures of socio-economic development guidance and management.
- Improve the information and popularization works; form unanimous and improve general strength of the whole society regarding the implementation of targets and tasks; take the initiative to supply information fully, in timely manner, publicly and transparently on the socio-economic situation and the direction and management; at the same time, discipline strictly persons who supply incorrect information which affects benefits of the State and the people.
- Quickly review, amend and supplement functions, tasks and organizational mechanism of Ministries and sectors; overcome the overlap and coincidence; ensure discipline and rules; and increase effect of the State management. The Ministry of Home Affairs takes the lead in combination with related Ministries and agencies to present the Government amendment and supplement of Decrees stipulating functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Ministries and Ministry-equivalent agencies in February 2012; submit the Government amendment and supplement of Decree stipulating organization of specialized agencies under the provincial and district People’s Committees in quarter I, 2012.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs takes the lead in cooperation with related Ministries and agencies to draft the Prime Minister’s Directive on improvement of the State management on international treaties and agreements and implementation of international commitments by Việt Nam, and then present the Prime Minister in February 2012.
- The Ministry of Health takes the lead in cooperation with related Ministries and agencies to review and present the Prime Minister the planning of hospital system; prepare Project on overcoming the situation of overloading in hospitals.
- Ministries, agencies and localities complete the summarization, assessment and review of the work in 2011 practically, effectively and strictly; actively implement Directive No. 2051/CT-TTg dated November 6, 2011 by the Prime Minister putting forwards strengthening measures to stabilize prices, markets, to ensure social safety and order in advance for and after Tết Holidays of 2012.
Assign the Government Office to receive ideas of the Government members, complete Report on review, guidance, management and implementation of working Regulation in 2011 and program in 2012 by the Government; then send Ministries, agencies and provincial People’s Committee.
2. The Government discusses and gives opinions on Project of increasing effect of the State-owned enterprises (SOEs) presented by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Assign the Ministry of Finance to take the lead in cooperation with related Ministries and agencies basing on the Politburo’s opinions on re-structure of SOEs and the Prime’s Minister’s conclusion on Project of increasing the effect of the SOEs to continuously supplement and complete the Project on re-structure of the SOEs; regarding collection of operation reports of the SOEs, assign the Ministry of Finance to take the lead in establishment of forms and database (linked with common database for the guidance and management of the Government and the Prime Minister) to serve the State’s management work of Ministries, sectors and localities on the SOEs.
3. The Government discusses and gives opinions on measures of tax policies in 2012 on small and medium-size enterprises and enterprises which employed many employees presented by the Minister of Finance.
The Government unifies, in principle, the extension of payment of business income tax to 3 months more on the business income taxable in quarter I and quarter II of 2011 that are applied to subjects under the extension of tax payment in accordance with Decision No. 21/2011/QD-TTg and Decision No. 54/2011/QD-TTg of the Prime Minister; assign the Ministry of Finance and Government Office to complete draft of Decision and present the Prime Minister for issuance and implementation.
4. The Government discusses and gives opinions on draft Decree of gold business management presented by the Governor of the State Bank of Việt Nam.
The establishment and issuance of Decree on gold business management shall ensure that the State shall be exclusive to produce gold bar, export of material gold and import material gold to produce gold bar; recognize and protect legal gold ownership of organizations and individuals; restrain use of gold as means of payment and ‘goldenization’ in the economy; mobilize social resources to serve the socio-economic development.
Assign the State Bank of Việt Nam to take the lead in cooperation with the Ministry of Justice, Government Office and related Ministries and agencies to receive opinions of Government members to complete draft Decree on gold business management and present the Prime Minister for consideration and approval./.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
Nguyễn Tấn Dũng